St. Clair Lodge No. 425 - Sombra, Ontario - Established 1889
On the St. Clair Parkway in Sombra, our lodge meets the third Tuesday of the month except in July and August
W. M. R.W. Bro. Chris Johnston
S. W. W. Bro. Harry Barons
J. W. W. Bro. Stephen Bentley
S. D. W. Bro. Sean Smith
J. D. Bro. Colin Lozon
Sec. Adrian Kloet
William Mercer Wilson Recipient Bro. James Sullivan
On August 12th, 1889 the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of Canada in the Province of Ontario signed the Charter of St. Clair Lodge designated No. 425 on the Grand Registry of Canada.
The first meeting of the Lodge was held on October 8, 1889 at Port Lambton and on January 28, 1896 the Lodge moved from Port Lambton to Sombra and was situated above a grocery store for a rent of $45.00 per year.
In 1903 the Lodge purchased a vacant lot where the present grocery store is located on St. Clair Parkway at the Ferry Dock Road. A new building was erected at a cost of $3000.00 with the Lodge on the 2nd floor and the lower floor rented out.
After 100 years of Masonic service, the building was sold. The building in which we presently reside, as indicated in the above photograph, was purchased and renovated to our current needs. This new building was dedicated by the Grand Master M.W.Bro. Donald H. Mumby on April 24, 2004.
A one floor Lodge and hospitality room. Oh, what a relief.